Was it just me or did 2016 fly past us faster than a Rongai Mathree heading to Jaza wadhii hapo Railways? Anyways, We at MyRide had a good run last year thankfully.
Here are some of our greatest highlights in 2016:
- Developed new features of the MyRide App and improved on User Interface. We also completed the Owners dashboard or CHP (Complaints Handling Platform).
- We gained more App users (Downloads) and got an all time high of retained active users. We are close to 5,000 downloads now on Google Play and have about 20+ people interacting with the App daily.
- We interacted with and made great contacts with various stakeholders in the Matatu Industry including SACCOs & PSV Owners, The Public Transport Operators Union PUTON, The National Transport & Safety Authority NTSA as well as other bodies dealing with road safety.
- MyRide was also featured in High profile interviews on National TV as well as in digital and print media. You can view the Interview on K24 TV Morning show here. Also, In the wake of TICAD 2016, MyRide got an opportunity to be interviewed and featured in the Nikkei Asia Review Magazine by renown International Journalist Ken Moriyasu. You can read the feature here!
- We also crossed borders by participating in International forums like The Africa Business Idea Cup finals in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Finally, one of our greatest moments were when MyRide took part in various competitions and was able to win various awards as listed below:
The Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Fellowship
We were greatly privileged to be selected among The 1,000 Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program 2016 fellows. This was out of 45,000 Applicants Africa Wide.
ADMI Entrepreneurs Bootcamp
MyRide was also represented in The Africa Digital Media Institute (ADMI) Entrepreneurship Boot camp after emerging as winners in The Airtel Disruption By Design (DXD) 2015, Tech Category.
Africa Business Idea Cup 2016
MyRide Kenya was one of the two Kenya finalists in The Africa Business Idea Cup 2016 that took place in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania and battled it out with 9 other startups from all over Africa.
TransDev Transport Challenge
AITEC Anti-Corruption App Challenge
MyRide Kenya was 1st runners up at last year’s Anti Corruption App Challenge organized by AITEC East Africa ICT Summit 2016.
In conclusion 2016 has taught us a lot and we took the lessons straight up. We are already applying what we learnt to make things better. All these enabled us to forge on further in making steps towards formalizing the Public Transport Industry in Kenya and Africa as a whole.
This year we are also bringing everything Public Service Vehicle (PSV) related in Kenya into one place. From the coolest matatus to the latest in policy as well as whats happening on the road. From now you can refer to us as #TheMatatuGuys
We are looking forward to greater things this new year starting with the launch of our new version of the App which is all inclusive with very exciting features and awesome User Experience.
The App is currently under test so watch this space!